As we continue to navigate the coronavirus and its havoc on employment, changing careers isn’t a priority for most. But now might not be as bad a time as it seems! Often, adversity can present new opportunities to gain clarity on our lives and careers. Is right now the time to examine if you truly feel fulfilled in your career? In this episode, you’ll discover how to figure out exactly what it is you want to do, and how to set yourself up for a successful career transition during COVID-19 and beyond.
With millions of people applying for unemployment due to the Covid-19 pandemic, making a career change might seem like an impractical, even crazy idea. It’s something only a handful of people on a privileged perch might be able to swing.
And let’s be straight. If you’re unemployed without a job prospect, survival might dictate that your best move is to find work anywhere you can now.
But what if the Great Pandemic Pause—all this adversity—is presenting us with a yes-and instead of a yes-but opportunity?
In this episode, you’ll discover how to use this moment to seek clarity on the direction of your life and career. Stacey and Lisa discuss how their clients, colleagues and friends are asking questions like, is what I’m doing really aligned with what I truly care about? And, what am I really good at anyway?
They also lay out time-tested deep work and network building strategies for preparing and setting yourself up for a successful career transition.
Is now the time to change your career?
The answer depends on your circumstances, but moreover, it’s about how willing you are to take an unvarnished look in the mirror at where you are right now, and assess your accomplishments and the impact you make.
Stacy and Lisa also discuss the critical importance of having your own personal roadmap to create a new narrative that aligns with your aspirations—even when you don’t know the exact destination (which is more common than you might think).
And if you’re not ready to make a transition right now, this podcast episode will help you discover the intersection between what you’re good at, what you want to do more of, and what you no longer enjoy, so you can start telling your new story and begin making your career transition unapologetically.
We would love to hear your stories! Is it stay or go time? Leave us a comment below, or reach out to us on social media.
- How to Handle Career Change is Stacey’s course that walks you through the steps of writing a resume that will make you stand out and get an employer’s attention.
- Making a Career Change is Stacey’s course that guides to make a career change that leads to greater job satisfaction and professional growth.
- Finding a Job During Challenging Economic Times is a course that helps you explore career options, update your resume, network virtually, and improve your job search during these challenging times.
- To learn more about Stacey, visit ReworkWork. Connect with Stacey on LinkedIn and Twitter
- To learn more about Lisa, visit Story Happens Here. Connect with Lisa on LinkedIn and Twitter